Social space is constantly evolving. With more networks available than ever before, you need to wisely spend your time and budget. Specifically, your focus should be on where your consumers are.
An effective digital marketing strategy includes a solid social media presence. Globally, there are currently 4.55 billion active social media users, 9.9% greater than last year.
Last year, 400 million new users signed up for at least one social network account. The most popular social media networks globally are Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp, and Instagram.
In UAE, the social network with the highest number of users in 2021 was Youtube, with about 8.69 million active users, and Facebook followed it at about 7.85 million users.
With almost 98.98% of the total population of 9.83 million in the UAE existing active on social media, it is foremost crucial for big and small businesses to have a social media marketing strategy in place. That’s why many social media marketing companies in the UAE are now focusing on new trends and technologies to mold their social media marketing services accordingly and to improve social strategy from time to time.
As a social media marketing agency, we provide marketing techniques to various businesses in UAE to help them grow in the digital marketplace.
Whether picking your leading social media network or conducting market research, you will need the demographic data to understand which networks can do better for you. And while you may think you know which networks matter most to your target consumers; 2022’s numbers might amaze you.
Here are the stats according to famous social networks:
Demographics and usage of Facebook
- Monthly active users: 2.91 billion
- Most extensive age group: 25-34 (31.5%)
- Gender: 43% female, 57% male
- Per day time spent : 33 minutes
Key facts of Facebook demographics for 2022
- Despite ongoing debates and rising competition, Facebook remains the most effective social platform among customers and marketers.
- Yes! the time spent on Facebook has fallen (from 38 minutes per day to 33 minutes).
- Following last year’s social networks demographic data, younger consumers herd to TikTok and Snapchat vs. Facebook and Instagram.
- However, Ad gains continue to climb — this highlight how Facebook paid promotions are a brad of marketing at large.
Demographics and usage of Youtube
- Monthly active users: 2+ billion
- Age group: 15-35
- Gender: 46% female, 54% male
- Per session time span: 30 minutes
Key facts from YouTube demographics for 2022
- The vogue among younger users emphasizes the ongoing, long-term shift toward video content.
- From in Marketers’ point of view, advertising-wise, YouTube is still a sort of land of opportunity.
- Still, most users argue against using YouTube for entertainment rather than to find brands and products. Brands still have a lot of work to do on the platform, finding a balance between entertainment and advertising.
Despite the fact that Google is the most popular search engine, YouTube is the world’s second most popular search engine and website.
People can’t get enough of YouTube. It producers post approximately 500 hours of material per minute. There is not just a lot of information, but also a lot of advertising and business promotions.
Demographics and usage of Instagram
- Monthly active users: 2 billion
- Age group: 25- 34 (31.2%), with 18-24 close behind at 31%
- Gender: 48.4% female, 51.8% Male
- Per day time span: 29 minutes
Key facts from Instagram demographics for 2022
- Within 3 years, this platform has quietly creased its user base to 2 billons, proving Instagram’s staying power.
- As young users resettle to TikTok, perhaps it’s fair to say that Instagram is no longer the “hip” network in the eyes of today’s teenagers.
- Instagram maintains a firm hold on Gen Z and Millennials — these groups make up approximately two-thirds of their base.
- New Shopping features (like Drops) signal the platform’s shift to becoming an e-commerce hub.
- REELS are popular, but they couldn’t beat TikTok’s momentum in 2021
Instagram today has more than a billion users who want to share and create content.
On Instagram, people also like communicating with companies. Instagram users visit almost 200 million businesses every day. It’s easy to see why so many businesses are now using Instagram to advertise their brands.
90 percent of Instagram users follow a company, and 87 percent take action when they see a product, according to the platform.
The Instagram data on how individuals behave when shopping is also fascinating. For example, 70% of customers use Instagram to plan their next purchase, and more than 130 million Instagram users interact with retail posts on a regular basis.
Furthermore, 86% of Instagram users would check out a product if it was shareable, and 50% of customers have visited a website after seeing a product in Instagram Stories.
Demographics and usage of LinkedIn
- Monthly active users: 810 million
- Largest age group: 25-34 (58.4%)
- Gender: 48% Female, 52% Male
- Weekly LinkedIn users approach to the network is 63% and daily is 22%
Key facts from LinkedIn demographics for 2022
- Traditional knowledge might say that LinkedIn exclusively caters to an older audience, but Millennials overlook the platform now.
- LinkedIn reportedly experienced record remuneration, driven by the platform’s growth during COVID-19 and expanded interest in new jobs.
- The platform’s demographic of B2B professionals makes LinkedIn a potential goldmine for ads.
- It’s the top-rated social network for lead generation, making it a great source of B2B marketers looking to find targeted and authentic audiences for their campaigns.
- The platform has a massive international reach.
LinkedIn is a global network. Over 810 million people from over 200 countries utilize the professional network. The site is well-known for being an excellent place to advertise oneself professionally and create business contacts.
Demographic data and usage of TikTok
- Monthly active users: 1 billion
- Age group: 10-25 (25%)
- Gender: 61% Female, 39% Male
- Time spent per day: 89 minutes per day
Key facts TikTok demographics for 2022
- TikTok’s popularity and growth are remarkable.
- The user base is booming, and active users are spending nearly 90 minutes per day on the platform.
- Almost 40% of Gen Z say they’ve directly influenced by-products they see on TikTok, and brands should notice.
- TikTok is scaling up and “developing” to meet the needs of its users, including more progressive ads and CRM integrations.
You can’t dispute that TikTok has a place in the marketing mix for many firms, with 1 billion monthly active users and 60% of them being between the ages of 10 and 25.
Entertainment, dancing, fitness/sport, home renovation/DIY, beauty, and fashion are the most popular hashtag categories. TikTok consumers are more likely to notice brands that can create content that fits into one of these categories.
TikTok content using their platform’s data-driven suggestions.
- Videos that fill the entire screen (9:16 ratio) receive a 60% increase in impressions.
- Videos featuring closed captioning or on-screen text increase impressions by 55.7 percent.
- Videos featuring summary/end card information increase impressions by 47.3 percent.
Demographic data and usage of Snapchat
- Monthly active users: 319 million
- Largest age group: 15-25 (48%)
- Gender: 54.4% Female, 44.6% Male
- Per day time span: 25+ mintues
Key facts from Snapchat demographics for 2022
- Although Snapchat may not be the most talked-about or “trendy” network now, the platform saw growth from 2019 to 2021.
- Snapchat is still huge with the younger crowd, although it recently lost its top spot as TikTok is getting more attention.
Knowing social media demographics for each medium is just one part of designing an effective social marketing strategy for your clients. These social media stats will undoubtedly continue to lead the industry. It will be disclosed by research, connecting people, and engagement.
If you’re looking to expand your business online, we suggest looking into the demographic data from your social presence. You can hire a social media marketing agency to help you understand these stats for your business growth.