As we approach 2023, the landscape of video marketing is continually changing. With new technologies emerging and customer tastes changing quickly, marketers must remain on top of the latest trends to stand out in the digital age.
This blog article will look at the top 7 video marketing trends predicted to dominate in 2023. Whether you’re an established business or a startup, these trends can help you develop excellent video content that engages and resonates with your target audience. So be ready to plunge into the future of video marketing.
1. Live Video
Live video has transformed how businesses interact with customers on social media platforms. According to recent studies, Facebook users spend significantly more time watching live videos and engage at a greater rate than pre-recorded films.
Live videos may be used by brands to highlight live events, give behind-the-scenes insight into their operations, and teach their audience how to utilize certain goods and services.
Live videos are a fascinating medium for companies to establish community and connection with their followers since only those who attended the live session may contribute. Businesses may use live videos to demonstrate their authenticity, openness, and competence, resulting in improved engagement and loyalty among their audience.
2. Behind-The-Scenes Videos
Behind-the-scenes (BTS) videos are another interesting video marketing trend likely to dominate in 2023. These films provide spectators exclusive behind-the-scenes look at a brand’s inner workings.
Businesses may use behind-the-scenes films to engage with their customers on a more personal level, demonstrate their genuineness, and humanize their brand.
BTS videos may take several forms, such as interviewing team members, showing the project planning process, and highlighting some of the business’s issues. Here are some examples of how organizations might utilize behind-the-scenes films to engage with their customers:
- Give an inside view of regular company operations
- Showcase team members at work and tell their stories
- Guide viewers through the product or service manufacturing process.
- Share the brand’s story and values
- Emphasize the company culture and what it’s like to work at the business
3. Search-Optimized Videos
Video SEO has been a cornerstone of digital marketing for some time, but it will remain an essential tactic for firms looking to enhance their exposure and reach in 2023. Optimizing your videos for search engines may help your material appear at the top of search engine results, allowing potential buyers to find it more quickly.
Here are some pointers to help you get the most out of your video SEO efforts:
- Select the best hosting platform for your videos based on your company objectives.
- Provide high-quality video content that benefits your viewers.
- Consistently publish videos to provide a continual flow of information.
- Employ primary keywords in the video title, tags, and description to boost exposure.
- Employ high-quality photos as video thumbnails to pique viewers’ interest.
- Avoid using generic thumbnail templates that may not adequately depict your content.
- Provide video transcripts to boost keyword relevancy and accessibility.
- To increase engagement and conversions, use potent calls to action.
- Avoid using the same video on several website pages since this might harm your SEO.
- Promote your video on social media and drive traffic to your selected hosting platform or website.
4. Small-time productions
Professional video production used to cost a lot of money for businesses. Because of services like TikTok and live streaming, consumers will be more responsive to material with lesser production values in 2023. Here are some pointers for making low-cost, compelling marketing videos:
- Use your smartphone to record vertical videos for TikTok, Reels, Shorts, live streaming, and Instagram stories.
- Be sure you film in a calm environment with a good microphone.
- Use Promo’s online video creator to produce more professional videos that require no specific editing abilities.
- Choose from dozens of customizable video themes and add your logo to make it your own.
- Produce compelling social media videos in a timely and cost-effective manner.
5. User-generated content
Do you want to generate exciting video content for your company with little effort? User-generated content (UGC) might be the solution. UGC entails posting content made by your audience on your social media platforms, providing you with a free source of content while increasing engagement and assisting you in building a community with your followers.
These are some significant advantages of adding user-generated material to your content strategy:
- Consumers perceive UGC as more authentic than brand-created material, making it an excellent tool for creating trust with your audience.
- UGC may be obtained through contests, freebies, influencer relationships, and simply asking your fans to share material about your business.
- Using user-generated content (UGC) can help you save time and money that would otherwise be spent on developing your material.
Here are some particular techniques you may take to get started with UGC:
- Hold a contest or giveaway where users submit videos connected to your brand, product, or service, with a gift awarded to the winner.
- Hire influencers to make videos promoting your company or products.
- Encourage your followers to post videos of using your products or services, discuss their experiences, or provide feedback.
- Contact consumers who have previously made videos about your company and request permission to republish their work on your channels.
6. AR/VR videos
While virtual and augmented reality has been prevalent in our everyday lives for some time, 2023 is expected to be a watershed moment for these technologies. These interactive technologies are expected to transform how we encounter digital information, thanks to improved accessibility and growing consumer interest. These are some important things to remember:
- AR and VR technologies are becoming more accessible to a developer, meaning consumers will have access to a greater range of experiences.
- Consumers are increasing interest in AR and VR, particularly when trying out products or experiencing things before they buy them.
- Virtual property tours are already being used in industries such as real estate to provide a more convenient and accessible manner for potential purchasers to inspect homes.
7. Shoppable videos
As more social media networks incorporate in-app purchase features, the barrier between content and e-commerce becomes increasingly blurred. This advancement has several advantages for organizations, making engaging with prospective clients and expediting purchasing easier than ever. These are a few key items to remember:
- Shoppable content is highly convenient for users, who can purchase with just a few clicks while browsing social media.
- Including shopping links in various forms of content, from advertisements to product demos to informal videos, can be a successful marketing approach.
- Creating conventional adverts is optional to make your content shoppable. Even casual videos and social media postings might include product links.